Re: Humakt, kinship & incest

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_lQTiX94wrYpJBModaF83w6OX_h_KcUIZwcT6IXoel0xLbWbvbZrzKP1MdI7DJ>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 13:10:36 +0000 (GMT)

> > What I meant was: would one of the
> > couple being a humakti void the prohibition
> against incest.
>
> As long as the severing was complete, yes.
> The Humakti is no longer kin.
> He's dead, too, actually.

A Humakti PC of mine classes the whole subject as necrophilia :) She's biased, though.

If a Humakti re-sheathes, doesn't that make him part of the bloodline he re-sheathes in? Which need not be the same one as he started in, I suppose. That would make marriage, as opposed to sex, meaningful, wouldn't it?

> And btw, that being dead part is why Humakti are
> incapable of having children.

That's always been my own feeling on the subject: but Storm Tribe tells us that they can have children, and do. And that such children have not yet been proved to be undead :) As a result of that, and earlier sources, there are plenty of children of Humakti lurking in players backstories, so we can't make it a prohibition. Shame, but there you go.

Hmm, maybe it's a contest between the Death affinity of the Humakti and the fertility magic used to create the child....?

and what happens to a Humakti attacked by broo?

What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Yahoo! Mail Championship. http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://mail.yahoo.net/uk