Re: Digest Number 49

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_3ZUravpIcYz-QdtBoVX4-pTqxE_45lnZ5sSc5wXfmnaBppUHz6TutAG00GeGFBjFiLqDe>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 09:15:07 -0700

>> It does not solve the problem of the weather in the game having been
>>HOT, not cold
>
> My point was go with what you have and modfiy the sources as
> appropriate for your game. i.e there was no Fimbulwinter in your game.
> Trying to explain why your players did not notice it seems so much
> harder. I doubt that Fimbulwinter is so critical to future material
> that you will find it hard to drop references to it.
>
> In your Glorantha the years following the fall of Whitewall were hot.
> So go with it.

The problem is not with typos in KoS , it's typos in OiD. When Orlanth died, what would be the normal state of things *while the Emperor Sun is still alive and well*? Long, hot, unseasonable Summer all year long, just as Jane's game proved.

That section of OiD was absolutely *riddled* with typos, what with "Cold" for "Heat", "Snow" for "Unending sunshine" and more. I'm hoping Rick has a better proofreader.

RR