Re: Digest Number 49

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_v4ho4pdg5hvCJ_Tz-57PUd2xcxvOMMXx6rGzSpS-wtj_Bj2-69G-InMVPRNjn>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 17:28:12 +0000 (GMT)

> The problem is not with typos in KoS , it's typos in
> OiD. When Orlanth died,
> what would be the normal state of things *while the
> Emperor Sun is still
> alive and well*? Long, hot, unseasonable Summer all
> year long, just as Jane's game proved.

Jaw drops. That would *work*. You still get the eventual starvation due to lack of rain. I can play with ice-crawlers any old time. I still have to figure out why they hadn't noticed their magic and everyone else's stopping, but we're a step closer! I may even be able to restart that campaign!

> That section of OiD was absolutely *riddled* with
> typos, what with "Cold"
> for "Heat", "Snow" for "Unending sunshine" and more.
> I'm hoping Rick has a better proofreader.

Rick? Word of warning. The Bat has a nasty habit of sneaking date errors into every book it comes into contact with. If you mention it visiting Whitewall, check what date it was. Check it every day. It'll sneak up on you if you don't watch it.