Re: how many Argraths?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_-R3ajGQpgLniZTyPISFCOtEIxKWSsTB_T_IdR0fQYy2OgVPQfjHgxSRDkq3Fa>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 14:03:00 +0000 (GMT)

> Jane:
> > It would
> > help no end if we could have Garrath doing
> something
> > embarrassingly awful during the Fimbulwinter, much
> > worse than simply being heroic elsewhere.

He may well have done, but what does that have to do with the Fimbulwinter of 1621/1622?

> He arrives in Sartar shortly after that, with
> the remnants of his army. Interestingly, in the
> Dragon Pass board game, the counters show his army
> on horses. So, I think he allies the Pol Joni
> before arriving in Sartar. Which might explain why
> he lost the support of the more traditional nomads
> and lost the Second Battle. And it is a great role
> playing moment. Argrath argues for allying the
> Bastards. Yazurkial argues for allying the Sables.
> Who do you support? How do you support them?

All sounds like good stuff to me.

Chris, since you're the Prax expert around here, what's your take on AWB? I've always reckoned that to be an Argrath, some sort of descent from the Sartar Royal House is required. We had AWB getting it by being (or being descended from) a Sartarite taken as a slave by a Praxian tribe. Does that work in your opinion?

Also, ISTR we had the idea that he ends up doing what I think we'd now describe as "hero-forming" Jaldon. This being how Jaldon does his regular re-appearances, he gets hero-formed. Does that fit your understanding of Prax, or did us Orlanthi-thinking types get it All Wrong?

What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Yahoo! Mail Championship. http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://mail.yahoo.net/uk