Re: Murex Re: Minaryth Purple

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_GRP3DfJXRH4BKWeFHByRH8mJwNFlRyshZOGJF5lEzcfQ1EHe-TX5k60VUxcDm>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 15:50:31 +0000 (GMT)

Ever seen the Book of Kells for real, not just a modern fascimile? The colour depth is incredible, and that's after (presumably) a thousand years or so of fading.

> Unfortunately, House Caroman, the new proprietors of
> Fay Jee have
> discovered that the pesky local clans and tribes
> don't actually like
> indigo all that much. They much prefer their tatoos
> and blue dye
> from the woad plant, despite its inferior hue and
> durability.

Well, I gather indigo does have a nasty habit of dying the skin of the wearer better than the cloth it's supposedly colouring...

> Quite possibly. The duDerysi family are from the
> eastern reaches of
> the Trade Road until their holdings were destroyed
> by Graymane about a decade ago.

er... when are you defining as "now"?

> Oh, right, where was I? Minaryth may have provided
> the duDerysi with
> exclusive executive consulting as the duDerysi and
> the GoldGotti
> have a certain level of interaction and I am certain
> that I've seen
> Minaryth hanging around Auric Goldgotti's compound
> on a few occasions.

Right! So the purple robes are both a reward and a sponsorship deal. Any of his literate sage colleagues will realise that not only are they purple, those Mystic Runes round the hems say "Buy your dye from the duDerysi!"

New Yahoo! Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Yahoo! Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes. http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://mail.yahoo.net/uk