Re: how many Argraths?

From: Michael Hitchens <michaelh_at_SQRZkjH4iufvytQAv_8L7blPFlPAz1haQnP7fVTyE8_MRwBIKGAIxFn3zhoE9u2xfY1>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 10:59:16 +1100 (EST)

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007, Jane Williams wrote:

> With the problem of AWB and "the" Argrath being on
> opposite sides of the Sartarite civil war.

Is that from KoS or somewhere else?

Also I'm trying to get the dates straight and I'm having a bit of trouble.

If Garrath won the Garhound in 1604, that does not fit too well with killing Lunar tax collectors at age 14. Could be I suppose, if he killed them really soon after the fall of Boldhome (eg he killed the first ones he ever saw :-) )and it would then a be a really young Garrath winning Grahound....

You'd have to take his birthdate as about 1589-1590.

Of course if Garrath was 16 years old when he became a father that would make a lot of sense of why he would leave the kid with his foster father Venharl...

That would make him about 32 for the cradle, which is not unreasonable.

Michael

Dr. Michael Hitchens
Senior Lecturer, Department of Computing Macquarie University
michaelh_at_CWM1PAZgkqQbnTWXC6kjHt3YFiV2iTA8Cqs4GCOZM4gaZEBJPxde1pzM9G9aeDLE1FhFNJ9dl4peU4QM577Y.yahoo.invalid