Re: how many Argraths?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_4mK0y9xJr8GWA4j93wd2u13qgpkrSSxEhkVi6hAv8SVqV8Z2viv3VesRgdoM1>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 07:19:13 +0000 (GMT)

> On Thu, 22 Mar 2007, Jane Williams wrote:
>
> > With the problem of AWB and "the" Argrath being on
> > opposite sides of the Sartarite civil war.
>
> Is that from KoS or somewhere else?

KoS. AWB is listed as one of Kallyr's earliest supporters.

> Also I'm trying to get the dates straight and I'm
> having a bit of trouble.

Looks like you managed it, though.

> If Garrath won the Garhound in 1604, that does not
> fit too well with
> killing Lunar tax collectors at age 14. Could be I
> suppose, if he killed
> them really soon after the fall of Boldhome (eg he
> killed the first ones he ever saw :-) )

Yes. Precocious kid, which fits.

>and it would then a be a really young Garrath winning

> Grahound....

ISTR the reference says "young".

> You'd have to take his birthdate as about 1589-1590.

Yes, that's what I made it.

> Of course if Garrath was 16 years old when he became
> a father that would
> make a lot of sense of why he would leave the kid
> with his foster father Venharl...

Kid(s) stayed with the mother's clan from their birth in 1605 till 1610, Garrath would then be about 20. And on the run from the Lunars. Yes, it fits.

> That would make him about 32 for the cradle, which
> is not unreasonable.

Sounds about right to me. His son, who specifically does not go on the Cradle, is then 16 - old enough to make his own decision on the matter. Ah, possibly his dad (whichever) told him he was not going and was too young, and the "held no lure for a sensible man like him" stuff is sour grapes?

Inbox full of unwanted email? Get leading protection and 1GB storage with All New Yahoo! Mail. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html