Re: Argrath White Bull and the GAG Argraths

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_uDpeMG092sefbJ4PeJA14nZkaTWwiZ5a6F9D2l_Dl7tnW1kYoaHLvk65i7u7M>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 16:02:46 +0000 (GMT)

> Hey all,
>
> I once wrote a short story speculating that Biturian
> Varosh was Argrath White Bull,...

http://glorantha.temppeli.org/digest/gd5/1998.04/5075.html

I like! Shame it doesn't go on to detail his (reluctant) activities in attacking Pavis and so on.

> I am very interested in knowing who the GAG
> (Generally Accepted Glorantha)
> Argraths are considered to be.

I think what's coming across here is that there *is* no one accepted answer. Lots of theories, lots of examination of data, but also lots of answers all of which could equally be true. Which is the best way, really. You can fit the one that best fits your game.

> Does someone have a web
> page or other resource compiling what is known (and
> what is speculated) about them?

Most of the analysis was done back in the '90s - there was a huge email conversation with me and Joerg and Steve Martin and several others. The results went out in a little hard-copy booklet called something like "An Argrath Primer" at an American (?) convention. Personally I don't have anything on-line on the subject at the moment. It's possible that I did, on the old site, and at least I should be able to find ecopy of my contribution to the "primer". I have an idea Joerg's article is on-line - didn't I provide a link to it at the start of this discussion?

Sorry, busy weekend coming up and no time to go hunting now. I'll try to find what I can, and slap it on-line, perhaps Sunday night, since interest has revived.

What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Yahoo! Mail Championship. http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://mail.yahoo.net/uk