Re: how many Argraths?

From: Michael Hitchens <michaelh_at_hkTmzKkN0X5pxI-CW1R__N4C-_ZBRJ14zRczsRGTzab2k36jhddg8C9p9oU7n9MqwGv>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 14:09:06 +1100 (EST)

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007, Alison Place wrote:

> --- Michael Hitchens <michaelh_at_8-zB8HlBTPvsIOrd8cxES1L2WZ_3FHAkUXiJgfiGeLWRuvcJSi606HbAAgEFsmeNaMZkAuURN3pLSmRD9THb.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
>> If Garrath won the Garhound in 1604, that does not
> fit too well with killing Lunar tax collectors at age
> 14. Could be I suppose, if he killed them really
> soon after the fall of Boldhome (eg he killed the
> first ones he ever saw :-) )and it would then a be a
> really young Garrath winning Garhound....
>
> Not problems, in my opinion. Firstly, as long as it
> doesn't say he was leading the band that killed the
> tax collectors, he may just have been in the
> expedition. Slightly young for initiation, but let's
> presume he's precocious. Continue that theme, and
> he's still OK for Brenna's hand in the Garhound
> competition. That's mostly meant for very promising
> teens, early twenties, I think. Young men who haven't
> already been promised elsewhere. It does take
> sponsorship to enter, if you want to be well prepared,
> but it's quite do-able.

True - the problme was I hadn't considered the "killed the taxcollectors" to be as early as 1603/4

Michael

Dr. Michael Hitchens
Senior Lecturer, Department of Computing Macquarie University
michaelh_at_8-zB8HlBTPvsIOrd8cxES1L2WZ_3FHAkUXiJgfiGeLWRuvcJSi606HbAAgEFsmeNaMZkAuURN3pLSmRD9THb.yahoo.invalid