Re: how many Argraths?

From: Michael Hitchens <michaelh_at_sgemXGAQPxGxzxsRg-0JVUhouYVo3q6Mp-uAgrFMUQ_XNkuVxTJXj2MIxe1oVkau26T>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 14:24:29 +1100 (EST)

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007, Jane Williams wrote:

> KoS. AWB is listed as one of Kallyr's earliest
> supporters.

Thanks

>> Also I'm trying to get the dates straight and I'm
>> having a bit of trouble.
>
> Looks like you managed it, though.

In the end :-). As I wrote the email..........

>> and it would then a be a really young Garrath winning
>> Grahound....
>
> ISTR the reference says "young".

When I read young I was thinking 20-22, not 16, but I now think 16 actually fits better

>> Of course if Garrath was 16 years old when he became
>> a father that would
>> make a lot of sense of why he would leave the kid
>> with his foster father Venharl...
>
> Kid(s) stayed with the mother's clan from their birth
> in 1605 till 1610, Garrath would then be about 20. And
> on the run from the Lunars. Yes, it fits.

Just one thing - is the reference to the Karandoli in Pavis in the Pavis boxed set, KoS, both or somewhere else?

> Sounds about right to me. His son, who specifically
> does not go on the Cradle, is then 16 - old enough to
> make his own decision on the matter. Ah, possibly his
> dad (whichever) told him he was not going and was too
> young, and the "held no lure for a sensible man like
> him" stuff is sour grapes?

Yes, sounds reasonable.

All makes for intersting possibilities much further in the future when people start talking about Argraths heir. Bad dream would take a very personal interest in *that* discussion.

Michael

Dr. Michael Hitchens
Senior Lecturer, Department of Computing Macquarie University
michaelh_at_UP0gUJhZ6AU85-tO2A002rxf9pVJJlotTDbD76OO7Sezxpd2R0gs6qQJsFDUAW5nMJVeLHwB4AQD7Wdwl0hGI8M.yahoo.invalid