Re: how many Argraths? - Karandoli

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_tsc2NChPU2OcnYm_h2INphkOb2WNr5n_bplS4WUE-Po_yBRlxj4KA7AGMM8MK>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 07:34:47 +0000 (GMT)

There's a bit in Jalk's Book, KoS. The Three Invocations.
"Three Invocations
Source: Peten of Pennel, scribe
Here are three ways which I heard storytellers begin their stories....."

"Three. Third Age
Source: My brother's letter, from Pavis, where he heard this man speak.
drum: slow and steady:
gesture: none, but to beat the drum
"I am Arnbord, Son of Venharl, of the Karandoli clan and the Colymar tribe. I am a poet, and I am a man of the chief of this camp."
"I am Arnbord, and I make this prayer to you, Issaries, as you told me to do...."

The dates for the founding of Badside are (I think) in the Pavis set (or RoC, or the Pavis re-print...)

And the tale of how the Karandoli left are mostly from the description of Argrath visiting Leika, with minor additions in the Colymar King List.

What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Yahoo! Mail Championship. http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://mail.yahoo.net/uk