Re: The Carmanians in the Second Age

From: David Dunham <david_at_kg97psIKQEy69i74YQkmXrbTV3PSWiudBw-gMJ_zD5wGxfo-dZlLOF22-A06pcg-EgVexu>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 09:47:57 -0700

>Cults listed in Cults of Glorantha 1 are: Yelm, Issaries, Lokarnos,
>Argan Argar, Lankor Mhy (spelled Lankor Mhy), Valind, Humakt, Zorak
>Zoran, Maran Gor (possibly Ancestor Worship and Spirit Cults are
>covered in Cults of Glorantha 2 – I do not have that book, yet).

FWIW, I don't see Carmanians worshipping most of these deities (though Humakt seems widely regarded as worshipped in Carmania). You might find very similar gods, of course. But Yelm is pretty much restricted to those of the right (Dara Happan) birth. And Lhankor Mhy is a Heortling deity. He's spread to Anadikki and Brolia, but I don't see the Carmanians bothering with a barbarian god of lawspeaking and literacy.

Cults of Glorantha 2 does have the Order of Malakinus the Learned -- Carmanian Sorcery School.

--

David Dunham