Re: How many Argraths?

From: donald_at_KoZ7tbYVa8IYuFfJdXLgGOA8czkmkrdAeotOGYZKi9U9ak7RehoizEkfjd8k4fjFzrOJ5
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 13:15:39 GMT

In message <868006.80061.qm_at_148vN9NYUf1D7BEMKRp8hVwUt84C0W2VJL9JlyDDAHC1cy3NsXEKLf90S2jjM7R_KK0Sd8ttvwgUnWElidJEsA5QjdLHBFyk2L4kcSqSvDDYIFuA.yahoo.invalid> Jane Williams writes:

>--- Roger McCarthy <r.f.mccarthy_at_Ld1k7N3Ju4VJBWm2pSOCY876yU0lOU7_VS1ZV2IauR44YB_5Qmkos_iIRy5n3l0NAKsV194I9_WabAi9_wiKnQ.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
>
>> An issue with establishing any connextion between
>> AWB and Kallyr
>> before late 1625 is the question of where Kallyr is
>> between Iceland
>> (Earth/1622) and Dragonrise (Earth/1625).
>
>Indeed.
>
>> Can't find my copy of the third Sartar Rising book
>> and can't remember what dates it gives.
>
>Going by memory, it's extremely vague about dates and
>about her location. And very useful it is too, when
>you want to fit scenarios ito PC plot-lines! I'll try
>to re-read later, but this is a busy weekend.

The only clear dating is pg.50 in Minaryth's speech: "From scholarly brethren I've learnt that the Lunars with gather many dignitaries in two years time to sanctify a new temple of the Reaching Moon in Sartar." Which makes it 1623 unless his information is wrong.

The only other dating is pg.67 in Events Elsewhere it refers to Storm Season of 1624 and early 1625 being very mild.

The place is pretty specific - Ash Anvari in northern Beast Valley near the Ghost Hills.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/