Re: The Carmanians in the Second Age

From: innerworlder2000 <innerworlder2000_at_G9DpxMQMTHm2fQqVGC8t37P_oQItYwJ93zZV7jnjSn1dC2w3MYrEOO1Aj-k>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 05:48:53 -0000

Well, all of this info has certainly been helpful. I just have a few more questions concerning geography. Kitor is shown on the Peloria regions map of GtSA. When did Kitor become established? When Syranthir arrived in Pelanda, at which village or place did he meet the Lady of the Lake the first time? –or is this known? I was also looking at a map of 3rd age Pelanda, and I was wondering which of the following cities/villages did NOT exist before 908? ( I am trying to make a more detailed map of Pelanda in the Second Age.) Note that the cities are listed in a general order from the Poralistor river from west to east and then the Oronin river from north to south.

Harandash
Burntwall
Dendeno
Petela
Hariij
Rafelios
Enthyr
Ulawar
Balovius
Uthencos
Kendesos
Hagu (city of the dead?)
Osthens
Keselia
Mintinus
Ajaak
Meglardirth
Hurvisos
Tawenos

It seems that Spor and Zhor exist as separate areas at this looking at GtSA. Did Spol and Zhor exist before Syranthir arrived or were they just part of Pelanda? What differentiates Zhor from Spol? And lastly, do any fantasy creatures such as Griffins inhabit the Oronin valley or surrounding areas (besides the Trolls and Dwarves of the Brass Mountains)?

Arir and Vangtal lie between the Oronin valley and the Barbarian belt.  I imagine these are rough and rugged countries, given the descriptions of hilly and rocky Brolia and Andikki. Sassor is perhaps less rough and more suited to agriculture?