Re: The Carmanians in the Second Age

From: antalvarez2001 <aacuvill_at_9DoeHYcl6_eDGLpH6RIHxr4lxjKnTD6DjkBvI4fTJYIkwPiihlxqq0I7bFlnZB4fMZ9>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 11:50:56 -0000

> 1) the Glorantha: Intro is written in order to aid understanding.
>Saying that the Invisible God created Idovanus and GanEstoro is
>easier to understand than the correct description.

"Invisible God" is not the correct name, of course, but I think most viziers and magi believe that there is a Primal Force or Creator, unity of all opposites, which created Idovanus and Ganesatarus. For example, in ILH-1, pl. 42: "He [Karmanos] revealed how the Maker created two beings to oversee the world of humans".

Anyway, the Creator is not understandable by humans, so people shouldn't think too much about he/she/it. Theologically, there are a lot of problems for Magi. In fact, I think there is some ambiguity and confusion between these two entities: the Creator and Idovanus. For example, Idovanus could be the True Face of the Creator, and Ganesatarus a false mask; or Ganesatarus could have corrupted the idea of creation (so Idovanus is the predilect son).

For common people (not vizirs nor magi), it is better the easy solution to avoid complicated (and dangerous for non learned) theology. Idovanus is the Supreme God. There are ambiguous references for a primar creator but not too much thinking about it.

Regards,

Antonio