Re: The Carmanians in the Second Age

From: David Dunham <david_at_5-lpT0FEzIi2ehrxC48Iayv1tjjSiml5edtFVbNyEmAXBMejpDiHj6FNrj9QkugDBSqgT6>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 09:26:58 -0700

Peter

> >I don't think Carmania rules Dara Happa until about 1185.
>
>There is a joint monarch by the name of Sarenesh who reigns from
>956 to 960 over both Dara Happa and Carmania and apparently
>Saird as well.

In Fortunate Succession the Carmanians call this "Dara Happan Regency" and Sarenesh sure seems Dara Happan (e.g. having to worry about the lineage of his wife [40] and called by Carmanians the Emperor of Dara Happa [98]).

In any case, the Carmanians don't rule Dara Happa as of the G2A setting, and have not done so.

>Did Spol and Zhor exist before Syranthir arrived or were they just
>part of Pelanda?

Asvekhordevu practiced the Spolite Doctrine in 621. So Spol as a name exists before Syranthir.

To add to Peter's list of monsters, the Gloranthan Bestiary also shows Rubble Runners and Shadow Cats. It also appears that Tusk Riders are present, though they first appear some time in the Second Age. And don't forget Aldryami!

--

David Dunham