Re: No Abiding Book in Loskalm

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_rPyE7CM9PqUjIl5AZRoOGw6sqH-4qOmwZJtcPOAPEAizpccjtNxOWCYWQmaFovojDMu>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 12:24:15 +1200

At 01:47 a.m. 27/03/2007, you wrote:
>YHWV
>
>Quoting Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_2JmkFctit1-WG-6vHIW1r9a4TJ9Xv4c_fEzjlWhKE-RRIvvDsFC-7Vc-VMprNChHlBmvOX-c9ik1O0ZhaSe7NAzjfTSI.yahoo.invalid>:

>Me> It depends on whether you are asking about the imperial
> > age Loskalmi or the Modern age. The modern Loskalmi
> > have reconciled the Abiding Book with their belief in the
> > Hidden Mover.

>Actually, I do not believe that the Loskalmi have anything to do with
>the Abiding Book.
>They continue to egard it as false.

This is a marked change from what has been said previously. The Heroquest rules for example talk about it being the prime scripture for both established and marginal churches in the west (HQ p154). If the Loskalmi Church didn't follow the Abiding Book, that would place the Humble Calligraphers (who do) in a difficult position.

Previously the understood wisdom was that the Loskalmi were Rokari (or some mutation thereof) until the Ban whereupon the current Idealist church was established. Enclosure #1 contained some notes that Irensavel was contacted by Loskalmi monks in contact with the One Mind and this was tied in with their discovery of zero.

Now I realize that article (among others) is hardly the final word on the acceptance of the Abiding Book in Loskalm. But there has been too much information already published to take the position that the Loskalmi are not Malkioni.

--Peter Metcalfe