Re: The Trouble with Insravel

From: Paul King <paul_at_sgf14ZHlOdQ54ozGmhaz7on9n8JJKx8HL7XSJFejQC1mfPCj9fzeFei8OFWtE07TM4ggjfp>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 07:30:44 +0100

On 27 Mar 2007, at 06:42, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> The idea that the Carmanians engage in both light and
> dark comes from Nick Brooke:

With all respect to Nick and his contributions, I think it's rather earlier. In the description of The Four Arrows of Light (originally published in Wyrm's Footnotes) it is stated that the Carmanian Gods were invoked in their Dark Aspects to fight the Chaos used by the Lunars.

"...The body of Carmanian deities drew up in shadowy form hovering over their army, endowed to their fullest power and manifested in their Dark Aspects, as destructive agents rather than the bringers of Life. Thus, by mustering the natural forces of Darkness to overcome Chaos, the Carmanians prepared to meet their Lunar foe's most hideous aspect in battle"

http://www.glorantha.com/library/history/hle-0wane.html

It's an old source, and outdated in some ways, but I think that the nature of the battle is unlikely to be changed.