Re: The Trouble with Insravel

From: Nils Weinander <nils_at_2zcCWKHRsvDd8WmdgEquj27YdYryi7dSxF7quSJio9wohG-w8F-HB61ewPg0WpKQuURYRBk>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 09:53:33 +0200

Peter & Paul:

>> The idea that the Carmanians engage in both light and
>> dark comes from Nick Brooke:
>
> With all respect to Nick and his contributions, I think it's rather
> earlier. In the description of The Four Arrows of Light (originally
> published in Wyrm's Footnotes) it is stated that the Carmanian Gods
> were invoked in their Dark Aspects to fight the Chaos used by the
> Lunars.

I think this is a pretty important point: the Carmanians can and do use darkness, for very special purposes, like dealing with enemies following the Lie. Both darkness and light can be abused and lead to the lite, but the danger is greater with darkness, which obscures.

Nils Weinander We sail on a ship made of dreams