Re: Digest Number 207

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_qdFdtZGwvJvqJOnihqNYaS0lTb_yHHhgOBHr-UPkNxc7aQt8dwu2K-dhA3PIcJ47bgt>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 09:10:57 -0000

> Greg Stafford
>>Where as some certainly were impressed with the work, most
>> Loskalmi dismissed it.
>

> Looking at the timeline for its 'discovery' I have always assumed
> the Abiding Book book to be a God-Learner construct much like
> the monomyth. The early history of the book and the Middle Sea
> Empire are conjoined, in that the Return to Righteousness
> Campaign inspired by the Abiding Book began the geo-political
> form of the God Learner movement.

I think it's a little early to be a God Learner construct per se, although it certainly inspired them, and arose from the same syncretising impulse that lead to the Monomyth. Or more accurately, if one is a God Learner/Rokari, was written by God in response to that syncretising impulse.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic