Re: Iron (was some meaningless Digest number or other)

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_3XgpQfTqu2lELWHvtA0akS8JU0ZjXIIUwVbIAZn8gwVLvXynTdstPIChIWSLW>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 12:41:12 +0100 (BST)

> Sorry? Pardon my ignorance, but when did Iron start
> to cripple magic?
> Has attunement been outlawed, officially?

The effects of Iron on Magic are detailed in the HereoQuest rules, page 78. Attunement is not mentioned. Not just not pointed out as the obvious default way of doing things, but not mentioned at all. What we get is:
"Iron (whether refined or not) dampens magic. Anyone holding iron receives a penalty when they cast magic (or a bonus when they resist it) equal to the item’s total bonus."

"refining" is the process required to give it the extra sharpness, additional bonuses against just about everything, etc. (much numerical detail skipped). But that "item's total bonus" is probably pretty high.

New Yahoo! Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Yahoo! Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes. http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://mail.yahoo.net/uk