Re: No Abiding Book in Loskalm

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_xoeVkqzG78uaf-N27Qb_p64Xr1E4QP5GQrR1vFNTHQ55UkOBFmKfq49UbqHvdXJ4>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 11:47:32 -0000

> Yes, I realised that. I was saying that I had assumed they were
> already Hrestoli before the Ban - although they were not, of course,
> Idealists.

It's probably a case of the God Learner rulers trying to stamp orthodoxy all over the place, but the mass of the population, including local leaders, preserving their Hrestoli beliefs as best they can. As soon as the Ban cuts off GL influence, there's a return to the old ways, or in fact an idealised and fairly unrealistic version of them.

In other worlds, I think both you and Peter are both correct depending on how we define 'they'.

Simon Hibbs