Re: Iron (un-Digest-ed)

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_CZfHLpqLgTTeGdaIWXLt-UpUR3cowyQZife8c_GZPAUTZc6XfVqAqWQpG373f>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 13:58:32 +0100 (BST)

> Thanks. I got HeroWars but didn't get beyond (or
> into) it enough to go
> on to HeroQuest.
> As an old-time RQ-er, though, I would like to think
> that that HQ rule
> just omits mention of Iron attunement, rather than
> meaning it's not
> possible anymore... Or does this mean mY Glorantha
> Will Vary?

If so, it's varying the same way as mine. No way am I having the universe altered under my feet! We moved the Swords campaign from HW to HQ, and half the PCs had iron equipment. It didn't suddenly start affecting their magic.

No, this is another case of new rules getting it wrong, I'm afraid. The Gloranthan Universe does not suddenly alter just because we have a new way of representing it. But, since AFAIK no-one ever issued errata, new gamers may well not realise how much their use of iron may differ from the norm.

New Yahoo! Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Yahoo! Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes. http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://mail.yahoo.net/uk