Re: The Trouble with Insravel

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_M5eY22I1rkxCKtDMDlpzFDMDTWzqCO2VFgosbQS01n7jO5uK13BvmaxT_I74y3et5UOVRmO>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 07:40:48 -0700

YGWV Quoting innerworlder2000 <innerworlder2000_at_vkchPq3FjXJzhV7PT5_niePL2HLxHwffsExLdZbVhUtRFH5G1Vi3Bs4l_d6ao0yr_yeQqKg4dCdj5XExjCblS-U.yahoo.invalid>:

> I agree with you from "Nor was I particularly enamoured...". I don't
> really think of the Carmanians as being dualistic (especially from
> most of the descriptions I have read of the religion).

I don't think tht "dualistic" necessarily means that they practice both parts of the religion. Rather, they acknowledge that two forces exist.

I beleive it's someplace in Nick;'s write up that makes it clear that the woship goes to Idovanus, but that some of the higher viziers study Genestoro and, in even more rare cases, are allowd to use the magic -- for good, of course.
Even the Zorastorians did not worship the dark god, but are clalled Dualistic.

> We can clearly see from this passage that one god created Idovanus and
> Ganestartarus (so they are not as powerful as the One god).
> Therefore, the religion is clearly monotheistic,

But they don't worship that one god, who is unattainable and beyond worship.

> Too
> much material has already been published on this subject for authors
> to change their minds.

:) but Oh My Goodness--so much of it has been published to say it's dualistic! :)

> If they wanted the Carmanians to have a
> dualist religion it is too late, no matter how you cut the cake.

:) Wha!! Haven't you heard of Gregging?! :)

> I think a better solution to this problem would have been to say that
> Carmanian religion is Montheistic, but contains moral dualism, by
> which Carmanians strive to reach the mean between two extremes.

Where were you twenty years ago when this was being written?

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.
c/o Greg Stafford