Re: No Abiding Book in Loskalm

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_sFqpEGXUtUY4SPLqwMZpxOkbJ7htY0hxLGj1KV-WFb_KsRCowMSr9nYObD7UADlMpyY7jOs>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 09:10:05 -0700

YGWV Quoting Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_KHyu6daTyssaqCPlYPhAfoQ7t9PHePcG7DUaAw9CKqQZBRr-rxTeMHagq-m_Db1MIgHufTG2hVfv02CUJdH0KSXlmg.yahoo.invalid>:

> At 09:00 p.m. 27/03/2007, you wrote:
>
>> Me> Previously the understood wisdom was that the Loskalmi
>> > were Rokari (or some mutation thereof)
>
>> I must admit, I'd always assumed they were Hrestoli from the off, at
>> the very least, which would preclude them being Rokari
>
> I was talking about them being Rokari before the Ban.

To be entirelypedantic, there was not any significent Rokari before the Ban. It came about afterwards, trying to correc the errors imbued into the religon by the GL. It made "adjustments," like rejecting Hrestolism, for instance.

> The
> Idealist church was established during the Ban, which
> explains their fervour about the evils of aristocracy and
> the like.

While the Ban gave them a period to clarify and purify their practices, these were based on the religion that existed before. I see this previous religion being Irensavalism that was reintroduced as the God Learners were driven out of Loskalm. Then duing the Syndics Ban, that religion was purged of its foreign elements, leading to the perfect Idealist church of Loskalm.

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.
c/o Greg Stafford