Re: The Trouble with Insravel

From: antalvarez2001 <aacuvill_at_Y4iHtwxuanPUOFo3d9BCJNAbWsIWVmg651T-dnv9NAw355Nw5VCjClVUQNB6nFaQmaR>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 17:06:13 -0000

> I have a similar idea in my mind but it involves the concept of a
> `blade' Carmanians picture they must walk between Light and Darkness
> (at least in the Second Age). This `blade' represents the appropriate
> mean in different situations. Some situations call for the Carmanian
> to walk the blade more on the side of darkness than on the side of
> light. Some situations require the Carmanian to walk the blade more
> on the side of light than darkness. A true master of the philosophy
> can accurately judge where, between the two extremes, the mean lies
> for any particular situation. In this sense he can walk the blade
> `blindfolded,' for any situation.

For me, this is interesting, because in my game, there are many posibilities at long term for an HeroQuest featuring a combat with Your Own Shadow (in the evil sense?) in the SWORD Bridge that comes to the Paradise, judged by Humakt.

At this moment, I have thought thay "Lies are burden" so I note when the PC's make an important lie. Perhaps lies implies that the shadow is more powerful or some other difficulty.

Anyway, the blade metaphor (walking the light or the dark side) evokes me a sort of Sword Bridge that comes to the Paradise, so I will think about it.

Regards,

Antonio