Re: The Trouble with Insravel

From: innerworlder2000 <innerworlder2000_at_ccF4PvYSOe35vvfMfPbt2nrpcjAKT9KGyG_whE5EPUnXhlyQEQaRv_6Y1X0>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 20:20:32 -0000

"...there are many posibilities at long term for an HeroQuest featuring a combat with Your Own Shadow (in the evil sense?) in the SWORD Bridge that comes to the Paradise, judged by Humakt.

At this moment, I have thought thay "Lies are burden" so I note when the PC's make an important lie. Perhaps lies implies that the shadow is more powerful or some other difficulty."

That is an interesting idea. I really like that. You are probaby not using this system, but Greg had a good idea for dualistic personality traits in his Pendragon game. The traits are presented in opposed pairs. The total value of the opposed pairs (such as Honest 12/Deceitful 8)always equals 20. Pendragon is a 'roll under' system, so the higher the trait the easier it is to make a successful trait roll. Acting consistently with the trait does not incur compulsory trait checks. Acting inconsitently with a trait does. If you lose your trait roll, you lose a point in that trait.

In theory, you could use the number of the trait as "spirit combat' ability for the characters during the battle. I think it may be even easier to use the HeroQuest rules for this, but I'm not very familiar with them.