Re: What happened to Jrustela?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_6jq7KtjtM1yoqJQxWtgYzd4SlG73a02FDVYIua7thVNjW8vlXtNsZ2Bu9kflJaBVbcI>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:35:20 +1200

Sverre:

>Looking at 3rd Age and 2nd Age maps of Jrustela, it looks like much
>of the Island was sunk and broken apart. What happened to Jrustela
>that did this? Was it some attacks by gift bearers or the sending gods?

First the closing snak much of the lowlying lands and then a massive Luatha spell (from Seshnela)
shattered it.

>Also, I've been thinking a bit about playing a setting in Jrustela
>during the closing, when the inhabitants belive they are the last
>survivors in the world (kindoff post-apocalyptic feel). For how long
>time was Jrustela isolated from the rest of the world?

It's possible but the canon is that after the humans were destroyed, the Elder Races (Elf, Dwarf, Troll)
all came to the Islands thinking they were the only survivors of glorantha. So they made peace with
each other.

Jrustela was isolated from 940 or so to 1590 or so.

>I have the "Glorantha: Genertela, Crucible of the Hero Wars", "Hero
>Wars: Glorantha - Introduction to the Hero Wars" and "Magic of
>Glorantha". Is there any other sources I should look at for a
>Jrustela setting? Internet fan material, official or unofficial publications?

There is Elder Races, an Avalon Hill boxed set and also Missing Lands, an unfinished work
available.

--Peter Metcalfe