Re: What happened to Jrustela?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_ZMfOsU0lLwAyy1EF89AmlOECgdal_J0lGISZ9fw5ae3oMqeJ-taUXs5Med5kijXXCI->
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 09:42:19 +1200

At 07:31 a.m. 29/03/2007, you wrote:
>Okay, so the closing was from around 945 until 1583. But this spell
>that sunk much of the Island,
>around what time was that cast? Before the closing?

During the Closing around 1049. Basically the Luatha (purple skinned demi-gods from the west)
sailed to Seshnela and sank the land there. Slontos and Jrustela were flooded in 1050 and
Kralorela was flooded by the Dragon's Awakening Shudder in 1051.

>The three groups of elder races did not live there before, but was
>teleported there somehow at the
>end of the 2nd Age, is that correct?

That's correct. There were some dwarvish ruins in mythical times but the Dwarves were long
gone when the humans discovered it.

> Did all sentient creatures living on Jrustela perish when the
> spell struck? Or just humans?

The timinits (insect creatures) still live and the Malasp (evil merfolk) are still swimming
around the isle. The Timinits seem to have lost any God Learner culture they acquired
in the Modern Age.

>Or could it be possible that only all humans with knowledge of
>sorcery (allmost all) was
>wiped out, leaving a tiny fraction of humans either worshipping
>divine gods or being too
>young to know any sorcery and being outside the great cities when
>the attack struck?

It's possible. But I doubt that whoever wanted to kill the god learners would have been
so picky as to spare innocents. If they did survive, it was perhaps they were stuck in
a God Learner prison or somesuch, which was destroyed by the Luatha spell.

--Peter Metcalfe