Re: What happened to Jrustela?

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_OtRDXyQL3kJBGJQG_cVrJpwywiS-3BsVK_x5Sgybe9krqHz0NdVnxBqDY97O8Xtl9pI7bQK>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 14:32:43 -0700

YGWV Quoting Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_RAaRpMdJmyF5bbClEVdCs-1zVNPVS4BnyYOTzjfJEHNG63BlOd0V08feAakfhL1Z_ds7rqhGpNQyyOvvhkPPCFSuBpR7Eg.yahoo.invalid>:

> At 07:31 a.m. 29/03/2007, you wrote:
>> Okay, so the closing was from around 945 until 1583. But this spell
>> that sunk much of the Island,
>> around what time was that cast? Before the closing?
>
> During the Closing around 1049. Basically the Luatha (purple skinned
> demi-gods from the west)
> sailed to Seshnela and sank the land there. Slontos and Jrustela
> were flooded in 1050 and
> Kralorela was flooded by the Dragon's Awakening Shudder in 1051.

Thanks for the dates Peter.

>> The three groups of elder races did not live there before, but was
>> teleported there somehow at the
>> end of the 2nd Age, is that correct?
>
> That's correct. There were some dwarvish ruins in mythical times but
> the Dwarves were long
> gone when the humans discovered it.

And in secet, there is a huge colony of dwarves that lives inside Iron Mountain, but they never show themselves. Well, not untiltheir plot at the end of the world.

>> Did all sentient creatures living on Jrustela perish when the
>> spell struck? Or just humans?
>
> The timinits (insect creatures) still live and the Malasp (evil
> merfolk) are still swimming
> around the isle. The Timinits seem to have lost any God Learner
> culture they acquired in the Modern Age.

I've not considered that they were capable of having culture, per se. Quite possible for some of them, of course, though there are many types of them and they range widely in capabilities.

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.
c/o Greg Stafford