Re: Tides on inland waters in Glorantha?

From: Stephen Hunt <chipchat_at_YizqenOx3Bk9XliDReqX82LDVyBgHDQ8zBBaVmVhCLQrLqVFleKPnDzuyehjPCv_eZo>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 04:46:03 +0100

Sorry, I'm new here... MGF? And, while I'm here.... YGWV?

  Bryan

>on places like Lake Felster or the Sweet Sea, are there tides?

  In my game, the water of Lake Oronin would sometimes rise or fall, or   develop depressions or alarmingly tall bulges. Of course, this was   the game where the Blue People still lived there, and were clearly   behind this. (IIRC they were capable of flooding lakeside villages   that didn't give them tribute.)

  Stephen

>With the presence of tides, the portion under the glacier would
>rarely be completely underwater, due to the rise and ebb of the tide.

  When I first heard this, I imagined that the tunnel was entirely   water-filled -- i.e. below low tide sea level. But your way is MGF.   --

  David Dunham