Re: Tides on inland waters in Glorantha?

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_-O7mt4rK5vyktewiKmiaOklGAolMF9GKCnHwt80_SldsuU-lAaNJuAFkqOSc_Ak8-W7>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 18:45:37 +0100

Stephen Hunt:

> With the presence of tides, the portion under the glacier would rarely
> be completely underwater, due to the rise and ebb of the tide.

I don't see why, unless there's some magical reason. The ice on the Arctic Ocean pretty much just sits on top of it, doesn't it? There may be caverns inside the ice, of course, or something funkily magical going on. But, according to the old RQ2 map that showed the 'tunnel', it's at least 200 miles wide at its narrowest point, which implies to me that the ice would simply flex with the tides.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic