Re: What happened to Jrustela?

From: Santo Sengupta <s.santo.sengupta_at_tJ1MVntQi0x1r1BB8nGSuA-K0-NiKoYQUwIz32xlwq1_3qyw_JB3zJLsUTv>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 17:52:22 -0400

On 3/28/07, ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_apVojurmnAPf1vVzuImBzKbwBNbYQC9UR7vzSjhtubts2B3Tjc9VZ2ZKz5xqJx_ClJ0odDI4mNg4Et21sxe1.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> > The three groups of elder races did not live there before, but was
> > teleported there somehow at the end of the 2nd Age, is that correct?
> > Did all sentient creatures living on Jrustela perish when the spell
> > struck? Or just humans?
>
> The Timinits were unaffected. I can't think of anyone else who was there.

I would hardly say the Timinits were unaffected - after all most of them had converted to the God Learner/Malkioni faith. I could see many conflicts arising between different species and tribes of Timinits, some of whom wish to return to their old Animistic Ways.

In my Glorantha game, my heroes came across a bunch of "God Learner Survivors" in an isolated mountain monastery in Melib. In fact, they were a bunch of Timinit Cerebresites that had learned how to implant themselves inside Human hosts, and may very well have been part of the destruction of the God Learners of that cursed demon isle.

I also like Peter's idea about Timinit sentience being a God Learner construction, and having it fail drastically after the Closing. Yet another thing to terrorize the human trapped on Jrustela - rampaging formerly obedient insect men!

--
-Santo
"Aum Shanti Shanti Shantih."