Re: Real World Vingans

From: donald_at_HN694Bkd7pFEt2z30FYvcw9uMeEV1xwsPmSSxw5NDw-7MWkJXeJ1Q4AdtlZCyvq1BNIxq
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 03:05:49 GMT

In message <20070331153426.2fsnz2iyjfkk04oc_at_5n3ke20DLfk0iQGziM6X3z0lgaMjxajXZXMCvXTNbbcISTsYyniLXbaTBtIDJ3TyBq7kb4nY7Gb54kzlKPSG8W3Pd5Y_HG7w4HP5mOE_gfZ8etP552XsZQY.yahoo.invalid> Greg Stafford writes:
>YGWV

>> Greg:
>>> Yes, excep for the ones that are men.
>>> And proud of it.
>>
>> Really? I don't think I've ever met one of them. So
>> how does that work out?
>
>With a tremendous variety of variations, of course.

I'll admit to bending the conventional definition of Vingan here. However any Glorantha/RW comparison involves approximations. This is an example of women taking men's roles in a pre-industrial society and all the baggage that's required for it to be socially acceptable. Vingans in Glorantha may have a different collection of social baggage but it's there.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/