{WorldofGlorantha] A Lunar Expedition

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_w2RgCDlsENfTEHNzBCFdu5Qoenp7GT3Mn8LADci2dRaY0dHS8rWLFZELMmqEBe-RKIqSoFs>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 18:38:49 -0700

YGWV I played a game of HeroQuest when I was at StellarCon in North Carolina a couple of weeks ago. I just wanted to share a bit about the expediton that the players came up with.

It?s a Lunar Association, the Red and Gold Hand of Celestial Blessing. They are based in Raibanth.
They went to the House of the Silver shoe to discover where a missing Kralorelan celestiology artifact had gone to, and discovered they had to go to Palbar to see if it could be recovered.

Here is the expedition that set off. The Player Characters lead each of these lists, and what follows are their necessary households.

Young Prodigy of the Sky, aka ?the professor? (PC) 1 assistant
5 students
1 Herald
1 Banner Bearer
2 trumpeters
2 messengers
5 servants
1 Personal Bodyguard
4 personal bodyguards
1 Master of Arms
9 general guards

Matron of the House (mother of the Young Prodigy) (PC) 1 body servant
5 attendants

Noble Niece (PC)
1 Personal Maid
1 Lady in Waiting
1 Maid
1 Personal Bodyguard
2 Secondary Bodyguards
3 general porters
4 litter bearers
1 personal cook
1 etiquette coach

Merchant (PC)
1 Administrative Assistant
2 bodyguards
4 porters

Taxman (PC)
1 Secretary
1 bodyguard

Monk (PC)

Street Urchin (PC)

They rented a pleasure ship to sail to the distant city. The expedition came unraveled when the Noble Niece was taken aside at a party and introduced to the Fume Room, from which she did not quite recover. She was finally released, in exchange for the lost item, which was never recovered.

A favorite moment of mine was the look on the face of the player of the Young Prodigy when he was asked (in Rinliddi) if he wanted to go hawking.
?Yes, of course,? he said, ?though I know little of the sport?
?That?s OK,? came the reply, ?We?ll supply the pilot.?

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.
c/o Greg Stafford