Re: Real World Vingans

From: donald_at_TcxDIZvID947DmQutCYruqq1m35Qfs2OtpSuS2d_ne6qDUsikNoP5ZZ1THtjYVFu5Tf_2
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 12:55:26 GMT

In message <64459.78261.qm_at_Y5wqaVQUFArrtZ997o-nFDrZnsjrQKUG8AjqbyfVjcZEWgXBTuLZRjo2v10d7snRBm6ML07lhSGygrQnQkG11VB71UpPTSE76gd75L2iw9c.yahoo.invalid> Jane Williams writes:

>--- John Machin <orichalka_at_ILHnPuDrPWdpg5J9U_1o8SbdZgPpo1vL2Fkg0yhTqzDQ84d-ntFTmrTtkJ_TUr6W1eVKAUOkJsSHmrjIJA.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On 02/04/07, donald_at_z0yQ8k5pbpsXhipRo40S-PzRpweb7q-HyX6xt3dKT0oAhx1BqEczdecXg-rPPR-HTGDhWKAlHVYflS6Q10Mj.yahoo.invalid
>> <donald_at_z0yQ8k5pbpsXhipRo40S-PzRpweb7q-HyX6xt3dKT0oAhx1BqEczdecXg-rPPR-HTGDhWKAlHVYflS6Q10Mj.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
>> > However mythically it's probably easier for Vinga
>> >to father a child than give birth. If you want a
>> >myth I'd suggest something on the line of Eurmal
>> >lending Vinga his penis.
>>
>> Eurmal seems to be keen to share his, from the myths
>> I have seen around about, so perhaps Vinga takes him
>> up on it at some point (albeit not precisely how Eurmal
>> might have intended it).

That's a foregone conclusion with a trickster, nothing works quite how it was intended.

>It could be a fun little myth. There might even be a
>minor Vingan sub-cult based on it, if someone's game
>needed a Vingan to father a child. But making that the
>norm for Vingans would be an acute case of YGDV.

I'd even doubt the sub-cult, more a stray myth to be followed only by the mad or desperate (i.e. Player Characters).

Given that we've got Eurmal involved perhaps the myth is Vinga impregnates Nandan.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/