Re: Real World Vingans

From: Paul King <paul_at_kvTAiTRIYVfUfHGO4vTQ4JKige2RxkFt-30xW9fzcUa6W-LuWUBLxEhwoZq4UifAu6V-FrI>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 20:38:12 +0100

On 2 Apr 2007, at 15:32, donald_at_le90QcXndaqZjZu76FoOteHM5G7hCyyA_OzFgBVTjd-ZbnlOfXnEW2iJCnAvWHRu4B6agAYLI5eNmnGDXPHYug.yahoo.invalid wrote:

> I don't think this is likely. Nandan is the gateway to female roles
> just as Vinga is the gateway to male ones. If a Nandani feels a
> need to adopt a male role they will switch to the appropriate
> subcult of Orlanth.

I'm not so sure about that - I got the impression that they weren't that symmetric. If a Vingan is a woman who wants to occupy a male role, while a Nandani is a man who wants to be a woman then they might handle it differently. And that is what I took away from reading Storm Tribe (which means that it's probably true somewhere false somewhere else, even if my reading or memory are wrong- and YGWV anyway).

So it might be the case that a Vingan wanting to perform a female task might turn to Ernalda, while a Nandani wanting to perform a male task might turn to Vinga.