Re: Iron (un-Digest-ed)

From: Paolo Guccione <p.guccione_at_3mZjBwiPoFHObux32VoFf1SkjIAcGM-E0QSV-lYTTRAA20DmfpUFwi7TNjcqrNFcy>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 18:31:29 +0200

> There are other curiosities of Mongoose Runequest.
> Check their notes on Gorakiki (magic of Glorantha page 86) describes her as "one of the most feared threats in > the chaos army"

The author himself explained in the Mongoose forum that this was written from a God Learner POV, so it was an "intentional mistake". You know, these soulless sorcerers regard anything nonhuman as Krjalki.

> Also Mongoose have crippled priests by having them sacrifice power potential rather than power for divine
> magic 4 points of divine magic and no 18 power.

I have explained a possible bypass of this limit in the MRQ forums myself (you just enchant your spells in items if you want to trade permanent POW for divine magic, and the cost is equal to the RQ3 equivalent), but also this was discussed in a rather old thread so you must make an Electronic Library Use roll to find it.

Also Greg has kindly requested that we do not discuss game system inconsistencies, true or perceived, in this forum, but on the appropriate forums / lists. And he is right, methinks.