Nandandies Re: Real World Vingans

From: Toread DuDerysi <jakyer_at_X43-hHLX_ngXdqyYDYSAke9OfbimvkgGkr9-YnqsMpumCroLeTJu2SGwFwSQakZqvFQDV>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 20:17:14 -0000

Ah, okay. I didn't see it that way. My mistake. I pretty much felt that the Nandans would, by default, be acceptable. Odd perhaps, but acceptable.

> And of course women accept Nandan. She is one of them.

Good. Again, pretty much what I had thought.

> > I was under the impression that Nandan was the male eqiuvalent of
> > Vinga and would operate under similar rules.
>
> Yes, which is why it is easier and more correct to speak of
Nandans as her.

> >> ANo mere male will
> >> ever be aloud to spy what goes on there.
> >
> > Just as Vingans are not allowed to spy on male ceremonies? =)
>
> Vinga is not spying, because Vinga is a he.

Yeah, I was being facetious. I figured that a Nandandy has as much a right to show up in the Loom House as Pella does. I am sure though, that there are a few Nandan only subcults but otherwise, they work (from a HeroQuest mechanical standpoint) the same as a Vingan might join Orlanth cults.

It's a pity the Nandan writeup got axed from Cults of Glorantha. =)

Jeff