Re: Nandandies Re: Real World Vingans

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_nXyFcZcdLSoYMymv4nBWX1oayWixr-IEsg7LOCds6GXA8slr9-JJ3-uaKD7_QEz7Qe0DqEU>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 13:40:37 -0700

YGWV Quoting David Scott <sciencefish_at_BZ-KjGBbDMLhKAJMowRbefjX4OlJBGoDKfb-Pwp9xtr-T-aWLkE5RFZJEf4hj-9du4R_EJLfvrK3.yahoo.invalid>:

> Vinga does all the Orlanth Ceremonies as far I as remember, coz she's
> a thunder brother. But stands outside the loom house at the women's
> ceremonies guarding it.

As the othe Thunder Brothers d, as well.

> The Nandan's are inside the vingans outside.
> I thought it was that simple.

It is.

> I'm sure there must be an orlanth fertility ceremony where the
> vingans all wear wooden dicks:-) (if not there certainly is one in my
> glorantha).

Two things:
1. in the ceremonies not eeryone has to participate. But if they wanted to, I am sure that they could find the appropriate tools. 2. They are called "toms" among the Orlanthi, as in tom cat, harking back tothe sexual/sensual nature of the alynx.

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.
c/o Greg Stafford