Re: Nandandies Re: Real World Vingans

From: Michael Hitchens <michaelh_at_aZ7BvizTeRYbt2dhYpRg7OPohQcvpJgHlrGjiXmP-WMlxP05MRzV-m-MbwbVX1_mm4t>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 17:48:38 +1000 (EST)

On Thu, 5 Apr 2007, Jane Williams wrote:

> Now, if we've got over the
> idea that the *normal* male is primarily a warrior,
> things start to make a lot more sense.

I would have thought the normal male role was definitely *not* the warrior. The "warriors" are the weaponthanes - a very small group. Most of the males are carls and cottars. The people that do the farming.

> Maybe it's half of Durev's magic (or
> OrlanthCarl?), maybe it's another sub-cult, but
> something.

Well, it seems to me that it sihould be Barntar, Orlanthcarl, etc. Orlanth is age divided the way Ernalda is, so what you need to fulfil your changing societal role as you age should be in the (sub-)cult you've been in all along.

So maybe the list of feats and/or affinities might need adjustment, but the place were it should be seems pretty obvious. Once a farmer, still a farmer. How they contribute to the farming may change (see whoever's it was example about his grandfather) but still a farmer.

Michael

Dr. Michael Hitchens
Senior Lecturer, Department of Computing Macquarie University
michaelh_at_VycTIR-qk-2P4O9Q7b54gdwDTvtzXt_kvOETwEx3Jl0WaIprkXeku0Asn-LK1-HtZw_7Ylx95i3_55KGLQ.yahoo.invalid