Re: Nandandies Re: Real World Vingans

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_NZ3tRsHMXDfSLq2pruUCDZDIozSBTUnAuWDnPe0HlRq2vcK0gt2eo9kV1O8bd>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 17:22:29 +0100 (BST)

Me:

> > That's the other way round: sure, typical male
> work
> > excludes talking. But it was being suggested that
> at
> > the times men *are* sitting around talking, they
> are
> > incapable of doing anything constructive at the
> same
> > time. And that falls into a popular modern theory
> > about men being incompetent (only women can do
> more
> > than one thing at once, apparently), which still
> seems
> > to be to be unfair to men.

> Jane - you've lost me. I have no idea what you are
> talking about now.

Then let me search back through the archives for the post.

">And as they chat, what are they doing with their
> hands?

Drinking, of course. And gesturing. And indicating just exactly how big the Storm Bull really was. At least, in my glorantha. "

The reply was from someone called Jeff. I can't quite make out which Jeff (it seems that "Jeff" is the new "David"), but one of them.

> Vingans can still get pregnant.

Well... some of them. Maybe. There's some stuff about Red Women giving their fertility to Ernalda to look after. Whether the other, *more* dedicated Vingans can get pregnant is never stated in Storm Tribe; the RQ ones specifically couldn't.

> But it is taboo and good way to get
> in big big big trouble with the gods and with your
> clan.

It's very definitely not the Vingan way. But simply getting laid by a good-looking bloke: well, why not? It's fun. The body-parts are there - enjoy them!

> And it is worth keeping in mind that these are minor
> cults.

Oh yes, the old 85%/15% thing. More than enough to be noticed, everyone will know of at least one, but definitely a minority.

Inbox full of unwanted email? Get leading protection and 1GB storage with All New Yahoo! Mail. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html