Re: Nandandies Re: Real World Vingans

From: Michael Hitchens <michaelh_at_xqpBvkHP1-b6PMenCSP-HC1jdPBPgC_APYqjeJsN5S3GN3_Ink05rN06wYSKZJQkqON>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 15:46:28 +1000 (EST)

On Thu, 5 Apr 2007, donald_at_tNmjXr2QHVCYVk-sAM3LNSeFkqVpKV3cm2SawegLBdMgywKOCxMxY0plDI8wT9TnvqvkFJlcKLOJ3x-o_UtinA.yahoo.invalid wrote:

> In message <p06240806c23afee69e0e_at_[10.0.1.2]> David Dunham writes:
>
>> And who aren't satisfied with the more mainstream minority deities,
>> like Chalana Arroy, Lhankor Mhy, and Humakt. They're probably 15% of
>> the 15%.
>
> I'd regard Vinga as a mainstream minority deity, probably the
> biggest of the 15% of women who don't follow Ernalda. Only a
> minority of healers will follow Chalana Arroy.

I'm not sure I agree with this. Vinga is a dedicated warrior cult (the default sub-cult is Vinga *spearwoman* afterall). Dedicated Warriors aren't the majority amongst men - dedicated farmers are. What about women who don;t want to weave etc, but want to farm and shepherd? Vinga offers nothing to them. What cult do they join?

Michael

Dr. Michael Hitchens
Senior Lecturer, Department of Computing Macquarie University
michaelh_at_y9g1v--U3hS4PvzFj5Whaj4hpbVUEHE6LPTkP0Jq68xGX5bapEwjKfcWlW226X6l91GjSEG3J1titdPMSx98.yahoo.invalid