Re: Deep, not popular

From: Paul King <paul_at_FnGIyYuFPr_YrcGQa2UC4DA_GFCxEs-w-znXLK-hXKd-bBPD8qLCJqbCpmrB5QnApIQYplr>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 19:13:48 +0100

I feel a need to expand on the points here.

Firstly the "two Gloranthas" issue concerns official publications. Jeff Richards implied that his material was official and even represented the "true" Glorantha. Now variations in unofficial publications, let alone individual games is expected and can be dealt with. It happens all the time, but this material does not claim to be "correct" . Divergences in official material are far more awkward. When contradictions come up they do have to be dealt with and they can cause problems for Gloranthan games (need I mention the Fimbulwinter debate ?).

Secondly I stated that the change appears fundamental to Vinga, who is one of the better detailed goddesses. That is different to saying that it is fundamental to Glorantha. It does indicate that it is something that will impact gamers - and writers of fan material. (And let us not forget that Kallyr is an important figure in the Argrath saga).

Finally, Greg, I am certainly not saying that you cannot make whatever changes you see fit. However I ask (and that is a request, not a demand) that you consider the effects of changes and maybe reconsider them if they are not beneficial overall. I am glad to hear that your Glorantha has room for both visions of Vinga but I still don't see a good reason for the change.