Re: Nandandies Re: Real World Vingans

From: donald_at_z9o3lT33UzX39Pn-tmrnATakFlLN0yfYjFgU_8FHCEZRUVT1AHL--Ce8YOPzBpb2wAos9
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 12:48:27 GMT

In message <ev4rtr+9p3n_at_eGroups.com> "Jeff Richard" writes:

>> That's very nice for it ("later this year" is
>> something I'll believe when I see, "available" has
>> meant "ten copies only" before now), but the existing
>> mythology is quite clear. Vinga enjoys herself. If new
>> myths contradict this, they have problems.
>
>As Greg has said, many things in Thunder Rebels and Storm Tribes are
>written for popular play, not the "real Glorantha". This discussion
>is about deep Gloranthan background, not popular play, so I am
>responding with deep background that contradicts stuff that was
>written for popular play.

Except we aren't talking about minor omissions and adjustments to make a work more suited to a wider public. We are talking about a wholesale rewrite of a published cult. Not that TR and ST are particularly gamer friendly. They're great reference works but not popular play material.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/