Re: proportions and so on

From: Michael Hitchens <michaelh_at_4LSHpFfTUzvrLmkU3XhiUKVc0dquZpja4000Lfs8IitjCWjGHz6R9pvtzzG8Ims1zyk>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 13:21:21 +1000 (EST)

On Fri, 6 Apr 2007, Jane Williams wrote:

>> In message <p06240806c23afee69e0e_at_[10.0.1.2]> David
>> Dunham writes:
>>
>>> And who aren't satisfied with the more mainstream
>> minority deities,
>>> like Chalana Arroy, Lhankor Mhy, and Humakt.
>> They're probably 15% of
>>> the 15%.
>>
>> I'd regard Vinga as a mainstream minority deity,
>> probably the
>> biggest of the 15% of women who don't follow
>> Ernalda.
>
> It probably depends on whether you're seeing her as
> the goddess of female warriors, or of all women who
> want to follow any career which is traditionally male.

I think she is only the former, the path for women who are, or want to be, members of the warband. Which means she is probably not that large. Most Orlanthi are really farmers, cowherds and shepherds, if you define them by what they spend most of there time doing. Only a very small minority spend ost of their time on warrior activities and duties. If you accept that most of the females who want to follow a male path will want to follow the normal male path than they won;t be Vingans.

Michael

Dr. Michael Hitchens
Senior Lecturer, Department of Computing Macquarie University
michaelh_at_CXziqHhOsUcXk3U6dgcEjWjSD4ZeYLipKqeqohiE1N-ySL3mK3Ag9UJifMiNuRYbb1SMPaaU7H5iia2jONyRUA.yahoo.invalid