Is Argrath a thirst or an animist?

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_PTiaPyeoNCMViP1C_zqpm8ySHsnw7q0IGhCM5LTOZ09pztRejcTB1nI4HO0CIu6f>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 15:57:52 -0700 (PDT)

So, there I was, happy with my belief that Argrath could be a single person described in KoS or a plethora of people that we keep concocting, when I was struck with this question:

Supposing that there is Only One Argrath, is he an animist or a thiest? Put another way, how can Argrath White Bull, a member of the White Bulls, the Twin Stars, the Bullocks, and the Sword Brothers be (for example) Argrath Maiskisson, Heortling magician?

This is not just a roolz problem. A magician of Argrath's caliber has strong connections to otherworld entities. Which otherworld? Does he talk to the spirits or the daimons? When he worships, does he sacrifice cows or dance in the smoke? At sacred time, does he fly away to Orlanth's hall or visit the dead on the Wide Plaines?

I almost tried drawing an analogy with Arkat, then relized that he did not have the same problem: Arkat (if he was one guy*) went from one otherworld to another serially: wizardly, theistic, then animist (maybe).

I have a sneaky theory buried in detail, but I don't like it all that much and I want to see what other people come up with.

Chris

*Guy Hoyle, of course, not the other pretenders to the Guy rune.