Re: Is Argrath a thirst or an animist?

From: Michael Hitchens <michaelh_at_0hLCAXhVHO4wym31YtVPhtDwHGNceMDeci9kQB8Wivt0baukzYumn7ad35_trt6rp0l>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:40:26 +1000 (EST)

On Mon, 9 Apr 2007, Chris Lemens wrote:

> Supposing that there is Only One Argrath, is he an animist or a thiest?
> Put another way, how can Argrath White Bull, a member of the White
> Bulls, the Twin Stars, the Bullocks, and the Sword Brothers be (for
> example) Argrath Maiskisson, Heortling magician?
>
> This is not just a roolz problem. A magician of Argrath's caliber has
> strong connections to otherworld entities. Which otherworld? Does he
> talk to the spirits or the daimons? When he worships, does he sacrifice
> cows or dance in the smoke? At sacred time, does he fly away to
> Orlanth's hall or visit the dead on the Wide Plaines?
>
> I almost tried drawing an analogy with Arkat, then relized that he did
> not have the same problem: Arkat (if he was one guy*) went from one
> otherworld to another serially: wizardly, theistic, then animist
> (maybe).
>
> I have a sneaky theory buried in detail, but I don't like it all that
> much and I want to see what other people come up with.

If there's two, then obviously no problem Argrath White Bull - animist
Argrath Maniskisson - theist

But your question is what is there's only one?

Hmm - what about misplaced worhship - the sword brothers, for example are misplaced worship of Humakt?

Theists can get spirits from Shamans - maybe an associate member then of some sort

I can't say I'm convinved by either of the aove, but I'd thought I'd toss them in.

Somewhat more convincing (to me at least) - He's illuminated?

Michael

PS - personally I think Argrath Maniskisson and Argrath White Bull are two separate people

Dr. Michael Hitchens
Senior Lecturer, Department of Computing Macquarie University
michaelh_at_K7v5HCuvyVHr07dnuz1L_6w5Dccrutaur2kZ8OCDX9w_cH9v-WXR3uFn4bYOocn4CtV_uW9NSy12RCt8wOK9Bdg.yahoo.invalid