One, Two, Many Argraths (And Me!)

From: john.hughes_at_Kn14qYFRxd8xhnAkmn3KJPPJDot_Y77vp8wx12JkUDYmUWzFzuhj1hXXB7BbLTmo
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 11:10:48 +1000

Mikey H. wrote:

Given that Kallyr is
given six major companions for the sky ship (Kallyr, Minaryth Purple, Orlastor Spearlord, Gernu & Dernu, Orlaront Dragonfriend, Orgerin Thundercape, Argrath Maniskisson) it is at least *possible* (but no more) that they are the 7 stars/dancers making up Orlanth's ring that cause the dragon rising.  At least two of them are (Minaryth and Orlaront), so the others could be the other 5.

Agreed, certainly, but let me raise a design caveat. If we treat it as a story that happened, yes. But its not, its a story that will be gamed out. Most of the five will be player characters, and  at least one of them is probably going to be an Argrath.

For all the joys of delving its mysteries, KOS can never tell us anything definitive about the Argraths. Too many of them are player characters. I strongly suspect it was consciously designed that way. And I hope the forthcoming Argrath Campaign remains true to this basic principle of Gloranthan roleplaying.

Cheers

John

john_at_m4xxQKxIB4iGx-4V3wG1SZwaDt7rwCgWW8wMwge_-EF2_tzyxcI9-67Rj8EoN4MwBX087MmIIYJI5w.yahoo.invalid                John Hughes

Mythologic: http://mythologic.info

"There was a muddy centre before we breathed.

There was a myth before the myth began,

Venerable and articulate and complete.

>From this the poem springs: that we live in
a place
That is not our own and, much more,
not ourselves,
And hard it is in spite of
blazoned days."

Wallace Stevens. "Notes Towards A Supreme Fiction"