Re: Is Argrath a theist or an animist?

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_Ig2zNpQApwwm6pNzELNWMA-RNeKW2cuVNoQcXhfptnMJZVveNdaQx8jQNBNgXrtT>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 22:44:09 -0500

Michael Hitchens:

> If there's two, then obviously no problem
> Argrath White Bull - animist
> Argrath Maniskisson - theist

Humbug. There's only one. Or three.

> Hmm - what about misplaced worhship - the sword brothers, for example are
> misplaced worship of Humakt?

That's my sneaking suspicion, but there are problems with it. I was hoping someone else had a better idea.

> PS - personally I think Argrath Maniskisson and Argrath White Bull are two
> separate people

Double humbug. They're the same, but all the others are different.

John Hughes:

> For all the joys of delving its mysteries, KOS can never tell us
> anything definitive about the Argraths. Too many of them are player
> characters. I strongly suspect it was consciously designed that way. And
> I hope the forthcoming Argrath Campaign remains true to this basic
> principle of Gloranthan roleplaying.

Hear, hear!

> The Big A is Nysalor/Gbaji. He can pretend to commune with who he wants,
> and you'll love him for it.

I don't much like the whole "Argrath's illuminated" or "he's a mystic" idea. I don't know why. It just doesn't resonate with me. Frankly, it bores me.

Who thinks Arkat was more than one person (excluding Gbaji)?

Chris